Succulent propagation - My first tries

The first succulent of my little collection is probably an Echeveria chinensis. Well, it looks like an Echeveria, but I'm not sure.
These leaves were my first propagation tries. I followed succulent bloggers' advices and ended up with quite a few succulents.
So, see how it turned out! When I was new to this matter, I always wondered how long it would take the leaves to root and form a baby succulent. That's why I made these succulent propagation time lapses, so you know what to expect. However, bear in mind that every leaf is different and the development greatly depends on the environment.

Succulent propagation time lapse

Comments

  1. I have a question about the rocks in the pictures. I noticed that while the leaf is growing the baby plant it is directly on soil and then moved on top of rock. Why do you do this and is the rock just a top layer on the soil for appearance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply!
      Actually, I placed pebbles on top of the soil because I noticed a lot of insect larvae. A friend told me pebbles would prevent sciarids from laying eggs into the soil. And she was right!
      Also the soil doesn’t dry that fast with pebbles on top which I find especially beneficial for succulent propagation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When one leaf ends up with three baby plants

Souvenir from Padua